At the clinic we have developed a highly successful, specialised sleeping treatment plan. We work with you to restore normal circadian rhythm, making it possible for you to fall asleep easily and wake up 100% refreshed. If you would like more information about our sleeping plans, please contact the clinic for a chat about your sleeping habits and how we can help.
Sleep is the foundation of health. Below is an outline of what poor sleep (insomnia) does to your health. If you suffer from insomnia, chronic fatigue or rely on alcohol & sleeping medication these symptoms especially apply to you.
- One night of poor sleep can make someone as insulin resistant as a type 2 diabetic. This causing slow weight gain and makes weight loss impossible.
- Poor sleep increases intestinal permeability (leaky gut) increasing our sensitivity to problematic foods
- Small amounts of sleep deprivation increases systemic inflammation (CRP) and causes platelets to stick together, increasing the risk of heart disease & stroke.
- Short bouts of sleep loss down regulates the immune system increasing the chance of infections.
- Sleep debt alters our hormones and shifts the body from an anabolic to a catabolic state. This causes muscle loss and weight gain.
- Sleep deprivation is stress and the first thing our bodies look for is quick and easy fuel, particularly highly processed food. It's a scientific fact that you are more likely to make poor food choices after a night of poor sleep.
- Lack of sleep negatively effects Mental Health, increasing anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Poor sleep significantly impairs cognitive function. If you study, work or run a business, lack of sleep makes you up to 50% less productive.