Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 People
- 2 Chicken Breast Medium size
- 1/2 cup olive oil May need more depending on size of pan
- 1.5 Cup Almond Meal
- 2 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper To taste, taste mixture it should have a nice salty flavour
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Flatten the chicken by pounding it between two pieces of baking paper. Use a mallet or rolling pin. It should be nice and thin resembling a schnitzel.
- Mix together the almond meal, herbs, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Spread half the almond meal mix onto a dinner plate.
- Dip one piece of chicken in egg, allowing the excess to drain off, then push chicken into almond meal on the plate, making sure there is a good coating on each side.
- If you have the time, allow the coated schnitzel to rest in fridge for 30 minutes. This helps the batter firm up and stick better.If you don't have the time, skip this step.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Make sure frying pan is hot. You can test this by dropping a small piece of almond meal in the pan, it should sizzle right away. Cook until golden brown on each side. About 7 minutes.
- Let schnitzel rest for 5 minutes
- Serve with salad or vegetables of your choice.